Tuesday 24 February 2009

The Update

For anyone that hasn’t heard, I didn’t get the Toorak premise that I had applied for. I was bummed for a bit, then I moved on. It just wasn’t meant to be, I guess.

So, I’m now back on the hunt for the perfect location. With a fairly specific set of requirements, my choices are a little limited. But, I’m a firm believer, that if you focus on what you really want, you will get it.

The really exciting news is that I got seven a.m. registered and couldn’t be happier about it. The name and concept comes from a few different places:
The first is the play on words, ‘let’s have lunch at seven a.m.’ I think the play could make it kinda cute (perhaps witty) and somehow memorable.
The second is about getting up and on with your day. It’s the ‘early bird catches the worm’ sort of thinking.
And the 3rd is inspired by the lyrical genius that is Brandon Boyd of Incubus. In the song 11am, he opens with the line ‘7am, the garbage truck beeps as it backs up and I start my day thinking about what I’ve thrown away’. Not only is it a cleverly written line, but it also suggests that we should chase our dreams and not waste a day of our lives.

I’ve also been looking at wine lists, coffee suppliers, talking menus with the chef and general setup stuff!

I’m also hoping to have the questionnaire results out by the end of this week. I have read through all of them, but it’s a bit of a task to compile it into assessable data.

That’ll do for now. More news to come as it happens.

Hope you’re all well.

1 comment: